Sport Utility Vehicle (SUV) is one type of car that is included in the hobby car category. If you agree with this opinion, then this article will not be right for you to read. Please go directly to the dealer, choose one, pay and take it home. The guide on choosing the best SUV to buy is only needed for those who are interested in owning an SUV because of its function as a transport vehicle and not as a collection item. SUV is famous for its tough character in all fields. Sturdy to be used as a transport vehicle. Although the toughness is very dependent on the specifications installed on the SUV itself.
Until right now, competition in the automotive industry is so tight that it is no exception in terms of production for SUV-type vehicles. So much variety is offered, so that it requires the right consideration before buying. On the other hand, the many models of various manufacturers at the same time make it the buyer to be confuse so that it is not uncommon to hear the question: which type of SUV is the best for me? Therefore, cars assistant consider it necessary to provide a guide on choosing the best SUV to buy. This guide is a suggestion that can be used before deciding to buy an SUV.
Predicted SUV will continue to be in demand along with the trend of new SUV models in the increasingly diverse world offered. Consumers are offered a variety of choices ranging from affordable prices to super luxury SUV. Therefore buyers must have a lot of knowledge about the automotive term, especially related to SUV type cars.
There are at least ten things that need to be considered before making a decision to buy an SUV that can be presented in the guide on choosing the best SUV to buy, following the review:
1. Size. In general, SUV are divided into three categories based on their size, compact, mid-size and full-size. Economically, the larger the size will be directly proportional to the price offered. With increasing size, the greater the engine power, passenger space, cargo volume and of course, the price. Therefore, before deciding to buy you should first consider these factors. Regarding size, consider the size of the garage at home. It is not safe to park the vehicle in front of the house every day even though the car has been protected by insurance.
2. Price. Compact SUV are generally offered at relatively affordable prices. Furthermore, in the middle position mid-size SUV will be offered at prices that are relatively more expensive than compact SUV. In this category, the difference in price of the standard variant (base model) with the full spec variant (top of the line) is not too large. A large range of SUV can be offered at prices that touch hundreds of thousands of US dollars. Among the SUV variants, there are Crossover and Hybrid types with relatively competitive prices. However, aside from size, the price of an SUV will also be affected by the number of rows of seats offered. Another factor that will influence is the brand.
3. Engine. Compact SUV offers a four or six cylinders on engine. While mid-size usually uses six cylinders even though there are also four cylinders. While full-size SUV usually use a powerful V8 engine. Of course the more cylinders, which means the greater the volume of the combustion chamber, the more fuel consumption. If the car will always be used for long trips, the SUV with a large engine capacity is worth considering. But if it is only used in the city or with a distance that is not too far away, it is not wise to choose an SUV as a daily vehicle. It should be borne in mind that not only the cost of fuel must be prepared, but also that other maintenance costs such as oil, tires, etc. must be prepared. Since the engine is the main component of a car, it is very important to prioritize this component in the guide in choosing the best SUV to buy.
4. Safety. mid-size and full-size SUV are generally equipped with the most advanced system safety, including side curtain airbags, rollover protection systems and stability electronic control. The compact SUV has a simpler, for example, a safety system without a rollover protection system. Although statistically SUVs are safer than sedans, the risk of a rolled SUV is still large. The passenger of the most SUV died because his car was toppled. This can be caused by many factors. Large size with a large amount of energy is also a potential that can make the driver wretched if it is not wise to drive. Not only is the risk of a car being rolled over, the risk of crashing is also a problem for SUV drivers. Although SUV are generally equipped with sophisticated braking technology, but with heavy weight and great power, extra energy is needed to stop it.
5. Luxury / comfort features. Most compact SUV are not luxurious. Comfort passengers rely on audio system devices and sometimes leather seats. This small SUV emphasizes practicality. Two other categories, offering a degree of luxury and comfort to the equivalent of a luxury sedan. To get maximum comfort or luxury, the choice must fall on the highest type of a large SUV. However, related to the comfort and luxury, all will depend on the manufacturer’s brand. Each manufacturer comes with their respective advantages.
6. Interior cabin. All SUV are designed for a minimum of five passengers. Even for the mid and full-size categories there are three additional seats that can accommodate eight passengers. Even though it has the same passenger carrying capacity, but the compact comfort-ability of an SUV is difficult to match with mid or full-size. The quality of interior materials will greatly affect the comfort of each vehicle.
7. Luggage capacity. All SUV offer a second (and third, if any) row seat that can be folded to increase luggage capacity. When the chair is folded, cargo space can be doubled. The carrying capacity of SUV items can be increased by utilizing accessories commonly known as roof rack.
8. Chassis Type. There are two types of SUV that are commonly marketed today based on the type of chassis. car-based and truck-like. a car-based SUV uses a chassis similar to a sedan. This chassis platform is usually known as monocoque. Generally, SUV that use the monocoque chassis prioritize comfort in terms of usage. On the other hand, truck-like SUV are characterized by steel chassis (ladder frames) like those used by trucks. This group is usually more robust, stronger, greater towing capacity, suitable for off-road. In this group included.
9. 2WD / 4WD / AWD wheel drive system. 2WD (two-wheel-drive) means that the power of the engine only moves two wheels, on the two front wheels or on the two rear wheels. 4WD (four-wheel-drive) means the power from the engine moves all the wheels. In this system the driver allows choosing a two-wheel or four-wheel system. AWD (all-wheel-drive) allows the vehicle to automatically distribute power to wheels that have the greatest traction. Given the distinctive characteristics of SUV in this component, it is very important to add this review to the guide to choosing the best SUV to buy.
10. Operating costs. compact SUV are usually the smallest, lightest, and the wheel drive system is not as complicated as other categories. So the usual maintenance and fuel consumption is the lightest. Two other categories of maintenance costs are more expensive and because the engine is bigger, the demand for gasoline is also greater.
In choosing the best SUV to buy, some operating costs can be considered:
In the end, a guide to choosing the best SUV to buy is important to read before deciding to buy an SUV. Again reminded that this guide is only for those who intend to buy an SUV not as a hobby or collection item. Hobby items or collections do not require reviews to have them because they have gained a special place in the hearts of their fans. The gearheads only need to dismantle the savings, visit the dealer, do a test drive, pay if it fits and take it home, done!